How to Clean and Care for your bands for Apple Watches
Clean and dry your band
Remove the band from your Apple Watch before cleaning. This cleaning information applies to SALTY USA branded bands only. For all other bands, follow the care information provided with the band.
For leather bands:
- Wipe the leather portions of the bands clean with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water.*
- Don’t soak leather bands in water. The leather bands aren't water resistant.
- Let the band air dry thoroughly before you attach it to your Apple Watch. Don’t store leather bands in direct sunlight, at high temperatures, or in high humidity.
For Silicone, Sport Bands and Specialty Silicone Bands:
- Wipe the band clean with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water. With these bands, you can also use mild hypoallergenic hand soap for cleaning.
- Dry the band with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth before you attach it to your Apple Watch.
- Wipe the band clean with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water. With
- If your nylon band has a smell or extreme dirt you can try running your nylon band under luke-warm water and if you must, use a very small amount of clear dish soap to gently clean the band. Thoroughly rinse the band afterwards.
- Dry the band by air drying completely. Do not try and wear the band while still damp as it will hold the moisture in and possible making the band have a smell afterwards by trapping the water and causing bacteria.
* Leather usually takes on a patina after normal wear. The leather might also change color due to exposure to substances like perfume, insect repellent, oil, lotion, or dyed materials like denim. The Apple Watch and band colors may vary or fade over time.